Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pomegranate Phone

     Some of you may have seen the advertisement for the 'pomegranate phone'. A truly amazing and jaw-dropping phone. :) If you haven't seen it...check it out!

     Pomegranate Phone

     Now that you've seen it. You're probably disappointed right? It looked pretty awesome! First time I saw it, I was like "Woah. That's SO the phone I'm getting!"
     But how many time to we put up a false front? How many times do we act a certain way, to get people to like us? It is so incredibly easy to act fake, to put on a mask. How many times do you see other people, and you know that they are putting up a false front? How many times do we do what is 'cool' just because our best friend does it? How many times do we find ourselves in conversations when everyone is talking about this movie they saw, that you weren't allowed to see? Do you just honestly tell them, you aren't allowed to see it because it isn't honoring to God? Or do you just stand there quietly and if they ask, just say you haven't seen it yet?
     We are who God made us to be! He gave us the personality we have.
     Psalm 139:13-16, "For you created my inmost being;  you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
     Can't we just be ourselves? Can't rip of that false front? That 'always-smiling-going-with-whatever' mask? Can't we just be who God made us to be? His precious children. Shining His light. Standing up for what we believe even when it might make us 'uncool'.
      Be yourself, you want people to like you for you. And if you are yourself, the one who God created you to be, you'll find that instead of getting 'fake' friends, you'll get real ones who love you for you. :)
     (Just to clarify. Being yourself doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. If means being the person God called you to be.)
     I love the song by Steven Curtis Chapman, Finger Prints of God.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment