Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mi familia es increíble

     Going into the second month of my seventeenth year, I can honestly say, that each day I learn more. Though my days still seem the same, I don't do anything new...I'm just in awe at how much God has shown me.
     There's so many different things I could write about. But I'm only going to write about one. Lately God has taught how important my family is. I love them more then ever. My family has always been incredibly important to me, but through switching Churches, something happened. I don't know what it was...the only thing I can say is God is amazing and he's given me grace I don't deserve. Switching Churches wasn't easy, and it still isn't easy...but I've grown a lot closer to my family since switching. I've spent more time with my siblings...and it's been amazing. 
     I love my dad. I love my mom. I love my three brothers and I love my five sisters. Each and everyone one of them are special to me. They each have unique talents. They each were wonderfully and carefully made by a loving God.
     Living in a large family isn't always easy. Quite often it's stressful and crazy and loud...very loud. It's not often our house is quiet. ;) But, you know, I am super glad that God placed me in this family.
     I hear so many stories about families that are broken. Adults who haven't seen their parents in 10 years. Siblings who don't even talk to each other. And I think Wow. I've been blessed. I've been blessed way more then I deserve to be placed in this family. In a family where everyone loves each other. Where we have two wonderful Godly parents to raise us. A wonderful dad who takes us out on our birthday and we get to do pretty much whatever we want. A mom spends hours homeschooling, cooking and training us to one day be parents. Woah. I don't deserve this. But I thank God that he placed me in this family.
     Someday I hope to have a family of my own, and my goal is that my family will be just like that one I'm in now. :)

      I love my family...so much.
     1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres, it does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong. Love never fails."

2 comments:

  1. Aww. So sweet!
    I won't lie. I love you're family, too.

    And all you people reading this; what she said about never having a quiet house; it's true!
    But my house is always quiet so you house is totally awesome :)

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't trade being in a big family for anything! I enjoy it so much that I think I never want to move away. :D

    ReplyDelete