Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus

Lately there's one huge thing God has been showing me. I have learned SO much about Him lately, but the biggest thing that has stuck out is that God alone is our hope and our shelter. He alone is the one we should turn to in time of need.
There's a song called Jesus You Alone, (Listen to it here) and it is just beautiful. It speaks of how God alone is our first love. He alone should our praises go to.
More and more as I grow older, I am deeply saddened to see people, adults and teens alike, who I thought were strong in their walk with the Lord, people who I looked up to and admired...but only to find out so much in their life that they are not following God at all. That it's just an act on the outside, and inside they are lukewarm.  Seeking things of this world rather the God. Taking pleasure in things that displease God. Not letting Christ alone but their hope and shield.
Each day I seem to learn something about someone, and it's shocking and saddening.
I was talking to a friend, and she mentioned something that really stuck with me and goes right along with what God has been showing me.
So often we think we want something. We think once we have it we will be happy. We think it will 'fill' up an empty spot in our heart.
But when it happens, when we finally get things thing we've so been desiring, we find ourselves just as empty as before.
When we seek God, then shall we truly be joyful. He is the one who fills us up. His love is a love greater then any love. HE is the one we need to desire and trust.
God, alone, should we seek. God alone should we desire. God along should we continually seek to honor day and night.
His loves is the loves that fills us up.
Not the love of this world.
His strength is the strength we lean upon.
Not the strength of this world.
His joy is the joy that truly makes us rise each morning and say, "truly this is the day the Lord has made, I shall REJOICE and be GLAD in it."
Not the "happiness" of this world.

Oh how wonderful it is to trust in Jesus.
Oh how wonderful it is to feel his sweet love.
Oh how wonderful it is to be filled with His joy

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.
Just to trust Him at his word
Just to rest upon His promise
Just to know "thus saith the Lord!"


I am incredibly blessed to have a God who gives me so much more then I deserve!
I just can't get over his great love. It is truly amazing.

There are many many verses in the Bible which speak about Trusting I'm God alone...and I have many favorites...but the one that sticks out to me right now is Psalm 62:5-6. A verse that has truly changed my life. :)
"Find rest O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation. He is my fortress, I shall never be shaken."

1 comment: