Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy? Me? Yup! :)

The day my parents had a family meeting and told us kids that we were changing Churches was one of the hardest days of my life.
We had attended our previous Church for 11 years. I have been 5 when we started going. 90% of my friends went there. My best friends.
I felt resentful, angry, depressed. Why did we have to change Churches?
I don't see my friends very often any more, really I rarely ever see them. And it's not easy. I miss them...a lot. But you know, God is so amazing!
When we first switched I didn't think I could survive with not seeing my friends, but God opened up my eyes. He gave me a new love, stronger then any friendships. A love for my family. I LOVE my family. I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have my family. I love being around them. I hanging out at home and just playing a game with my siblings. I love sitting down and watched a movie with my family. ...Before I just always wanted to get out of the house.
It's been a year since we switched Churches...honestly it feels like a month. Sure I still miss my friends, but I've grown to love my family and to really enjoy hanging out and playing games with the younger kids at our new Church.
God has really been working in my life, and switching Churches has changed so much. My life really isn't anything like it used to be. But I am happier now then I have ever been.
I've grown closer to my family and closer in my walk with God.
I am happy. I am truly happy. :)
Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Most of you have probably heard the song by Josh Groban, You Raise Me Up. I think that song really fits what I've gone through and what I've felt. I felt like I'd hit rock bottom...but God was there. He had always been there. And with his mercy and grace he helped me to get back up again.

You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban
When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

You raise me up... To more than I can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment