Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Surrender

How you surrendered ALL to Jesus? I'm not talking about just accepting Him into your heart and living for Him...I'm asking have you laid EVERYTHING?
Part of accepting Christ is giving Him everything.
Have you laid your family, friendships, everything at the feet of Christ?
If you haven't, it's time to do so. :)
Are you holding back the stuff of this world?
<---- Are you holding onto the things in this life that won't last?
Or are you turning to Christ, giving up the things of this world, surrendering your all in all at His throne?
Will you be able to praise God even when he takes something away from you?

Hebrews 12:1-3, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."


I've found the best way for me to express my emotions is through writing. Typically in a song.
The other day I wrote this song.

I Surrender

Lord you give and take away
Blessed be your name
At your throne Lord Jesus
I lay all I have

I surrender to the maker
I surrender to the healer
I surrender to the Lord of All
Lord I surrender all to you

All I've held back oh God
I lay at your feet
In my life I give it all to you
The one who gives and takes away

I surrender to Christ above
I surrender to my Lord Jesus
I surrender to the one who gives
Lord I surrender to the one who takes away
I surrender all to you

I  have seen pain oh God
But your loving arms are there
So I give it all to you
holding nothing back Lord Jesus

Because I surrender to you
I surrender
I surrender all to you
I surrender

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Clari. This is such a timely reminder for me. Exactly what I have been thinking about lately.

    Keep running the race dear. He is GOOD.

    ReplyDelete