Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Praise Him Continually

     So in a little less then 3 weeks I start college(wh00t!). Between now and that time I have a ton of free time. It's so weird having absolutely no school! I've been wondering what to do with all this free time and the Lord just really convicted me to spend more time in prayer and His word. It's been awesome! :) Not only that, but I've had more time to spend with my siblings (which in turn quite often supplies an endless array of funny quotes).
     I'm excited about starting college, but I'm also a little sad that I won't have that time to spend with God and my family. I know once I start college I'm just gunna feel insanely busy.
     But I know that God will give me the time to read my Bible, pray and spend time with my family...I just have to remember to keep my priorities straight and take the time he gives me and use it for him.
     A song I really love is Mercies Anew(lyrics below). One of my favorite lines in the song is, "At the end of each day, When my labors are through, I will sing of Your mercies anew." All day long I want to sing of God's mercies. Of his greatness shown to me. Of his blessings in my life. And when the day is over, when I have finished all my tasks, I want to have that same song in my heart. To praise God continually day and night. 
     Often it seems easier for us to do that when there are no distractions(such as school or college). It's so easy to get wrapped up in the things of this world. But we need to remember to continually see Christ. To continually spend time in his word. No matter how busy we are!
     My hope and prayer is that once I start college I can remember to do this. And to continu to do it all my life. :) I hope it will be your hope and prayer also.
     Psalm 143:8, "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I  should go, for to you I lift up my soul."


Mercies Anew
Every morning that breaks,
There are mercies anew.
Every breath that I take
Is your faithfulness proved.
And at the end of each day,
When my labors are through,
I will sing of Your mercies anew.

When I’ve fallen and strayed

There were mercies anew.
For you sought me in love
And my heart you pursued.
In the face of my sin
Lord, You never withdrew,
So I sing of Your mercies anew.

And Your mercies, they will never end

For ten thousand years they’ll remain.
And when this world’s beauty has passed away
Your mercies will be unchanged.

And when the storms swirl and rage

There are mercies anew.
In affliction and pain
You will carry me through.
And at the end of my days,
When Your throne fills my view,
I will sing of Your mercies anew.
I will sing of Your mercies anew. 


Deuteronomy 4:29, “From there you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.” 

1 comment: