Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I love to express myself...you?

For one of my college courses I'm doing a 'life planning' thing. 
Something from it I learned is that most the activities I enjoy doing I express myself.
I LOVE to express myself!
I love photography, writing, acting, public speaking...and yes...miming. ;)

Here's a chart I took from my book that explains different characteristics.
My first is very plainly expressing, second doing.
What are you?

Helping - Focus on providing service, assisting others in their work, or improving their situation. Typical skills include working with the public, preparing and serving food, and using clerical skills to organize information. Success generally marked by good organizational skills, patience, strong listening skills, and a strong desire to help others.

Expressing - Focus on creative expression. Often evidenced through literature, journalism, art, music, drama and designing. People in this area tend to be a little unconventional and creative in their approach to situations and life. (Possibilities may include communication, performing, writing and artistic expression.)

Influencing - Focus on influencing others by way of directing, managing, speaking, teaching, counseling and related leadership positions. Attributed generally confident in abilities to succeed and enjoy challenges, strong communication and leadership skills. (Possibilities may include management, sales education, law, politics, counseling, international, and religious area.)

Analyzing - Focus on scientific knowledge, math formulas, statistics, computers, technical applications. Usually enjoy activities such as research and analysis of data and facts. (possibilities may include science and health, computation, financial, and technological sciences.)

Doing - Focus on hands-on actives. Often rugged, physically demanding outdoor work. Preference usually to achieving practical or visible results, rather than philosophical or theoretical pursuits. (Possibilities may include mechanical, outdoors/agriculture, security and enforcement, athletics, and adventure.)

Proverbs 16:5- "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established."

Are you taking that characteristic you have and using it for Christ?
"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt of every situation you believe to be the will of God." - Jim Elliot

Are you taking that characteristic and using for yourself? For only your own enjoyment? There's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, but is that ALL you're doing? Take you characteristic and use to to shine your light for Christ!
"When you do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." -George Washington Carver

2 comments:

  1. You can mark me down as an influencer. That's a no-brainer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely mainly helping , but I've got a bit here and there of everything except doing.

    ReplyDelete