Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Even at night...

      I have insomnia. Lately I can't even fall asleep until past 1am.
      Last night after the clock hit 1:30 and I still hadn't fell asleep I opened my Bible(shoulda done it earlier) and read through a couple chapters in Psalms. One of the verses I read was Psalm 16:7-8;
     "I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken" 
     And it just really hit me hard. "Even at night my heart instructs me." Even at night. At night when I can't sleep. A time that I have-without distractions-a time where I can listen to God.
     Of course, sometimes it's hard-because I feel like I'm half asleep. But other times I feel wide awake.
     I want even at night - my heart to instruct me about God. To be listening to God as long as I'm awake.
Morning. Noontime. Night.
     I want my thoughts to be consumed with Him.
     But I know it takes a conscious effort - one which I plan to work on. A lot. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thats beautiful. Thank you for that verse.

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete