Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's a new day

"Every dog has his day."
We've all heard that quote. But what if you could determine how your day was going to go? At least to a certain extent...
If we start each morning by turning towards Christ I can almost guarantee your day will go better. 
The last few mornings I've been starting by day by 1.)Prayer 2.)Reading my bible 3.)Turning my ipod onto my 'worship' music playlist. And each day I've felt closer to Christ and have been able to get through the day praising God, regardless if my day is not going 'how I want it to'. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making a statement and saying, "If you seek Christ in the morning your day will go well." Not at all. BUT we are commanded to continually seek Christ ("Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). And why not start off our day in the right way? 
I've found my day goes a hundred times better-mainly because of the fact I am focused on Christ. 

So take the time each morning.
Start out your day in pray and God's word.

And you'll find yourself closer to God each day and filled with His joy each day.

Start your day with the right mindset - it will affect your whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment