Monday, November 14, 2011

     I've been reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. If you haven't read that book DO SO! Absolutely amazing, and yes, lifechanging book. Each chapter is convicting.
      There was one paragraph I read yesterday that I haven't been able to stop thinking about:
     "How would my life change if I actually thought of each person I came into contact with as Christ-the person driving painfully slow in front of me, the checker at the grocery store who seems more interested in chatting than ringing up my items, the member of my own family whom I can't seem to have a conversation and not get annoyed?"
     I don't know about you - but that was extremely convicting to me.
     Matthew 25: 42:-45, "For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’"
     God commands us to love one another.  1 Peter 4:8, "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
      I mean sure, we've all heard that passage, but have you REALLY thought about it and taken it to heart? If you haven't, I guarantee it will change the way you act if you start to. :) When I read this verse, I used to just think of the homeless, widowed, unborn who were the 'least of these'. But I think there's more. I think it wasn't only talking about those who are in that type of need only. It's also everyone we come in contact with.
     Think back to a moment when you got mad at a family member. Now what if that family member were the face of Christ?
Wow.
     It kinda makes you look at everyone in a whole new way.
     ...Just... something to think about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment