Monday, July 2, 2012

In a matter of seconds...

I meant to post this post earlier, but I had written it out in my notebook then I didn't have my notebook for awhile so I couldn't post it. Anywho...

I've been learning so much lately.
One thing I've learned is that in a matter of seconds a life can be over.
A brother, a sister, an aunt, a mother, a grandfather, a friend.
We don't know how long we have to live. The next breath you take could be your las.
This has been weighing heavily on me the past few weeks.
I don't know if the next time I tell my dad goodnight will be the last words I speak to him.
I don't know if the next time I talk on the phone one of my best friends will be the last time I talk to her again.
I don't know if the next time I receive an email/text from a friend will be the last email/text I recieve from him.
I don't know if the next time I hug my little brother will be the last hug I will ever give him.
I don't know.
Only God knows how long we have on this earth.
These thoughts has caused me to want to spend every waking moment with those who are important to me. With those who God has placed in my life. With those whom I can give to and let them know they are a child of God.
It has caused me to not want to say goodnight to my dad, to not want to hang up on the phone with my friend, to not want to end an email conversation, to hug my little brother all day long - to spend time with those I love.
To not waste time doing my own thing - but to invest in those around me.
To make sure they know how much they mean to me.
If this is their last moment - I want to spend it with them.
If this is my last moment - I want to spend it with them.

I want to live with no regrets.




1 comment:

  1. Very challenging and convicting, Clari! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete