Friday, November 16, 2012

Content.

     "...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." -Phil 4:10-13
     It is so easy for us to be discontent with what God has given us, or with the situation in life He has placed us in. The past week or two have been really tough for me, a lot going on that's just broken me down. Yesterday was kind of the 'tip of the iceberg' as it were...mostly my own thoughts bringing it about. Then, through a series of events I started thinking about how much I had been blessed with-about how so many people close to me were hurting in ways much bigger than mine. In how much others has lost...and yet, through it, so many of them were still praising God.
     Today during womens bible study at our Church I was working in nursery...one little boy started 'pretending to make some food' after he 'made it' I would 'eat it'...then I 'accidentally' started to 'eat' the plate too. Of course it was gross so I made a face and acted disgusted. He thought it was pretty funny...so he made me 'eat' another plate. Within about 2 minutes I had a crowd of at least 5 kids standing around 'feeding me' plates, cups...all the non-food items they could find and laughing hysterically each time I got grossed out after I tasted it. There only thought in the world was have funny it was to watch me get grossed out. They were happy. Completely content. If one so little as those can find completely joy in something as simple as that, how much more should I be able to find joy in the HUGE things I've been blessed with?
     God has blessed me and incredible amount. I have every reason to be more than content. Even if everything I know and love is taken away, I still have reason to be content...still have reason to be praising and thanking God.
     ...Those are just my thoughts of the day...I want my life to reflect Christ in everything I do, I want His light to shine through me. That's not going to happen if I'm thinking only about what I want or think I need.
     Today, I am content. I am thankful. I am blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment