Saturday, January 12, 2013

A hard year...

2012 is over. 2013 is here. 2012 was by far the most painful year of my life, mainly because of loss.
The lost of friends moving away, going off to the marines...dying. 
The hardest loss was in May, when Josh died...each day, even 8 months laster, I think of him. I miss him.
And the most time that passes, the more I miss him. I miss his encouraging words, his selflessness and his smile. You couldn't have a conversation with Josh without being challenged in your walk with Christ.
But you know what? In all this pain, all this hurt...Christ has been glorified SO much! Josh's life and death were such a testimony. Why? Because he truly was a man who sought to honor God every moment of his life. He was a dear friend, and an amazing light that shined in a dark world.
I miss him, but I don't wish him back. This is God's plan. Everything that happened this year has been GOd's plan. Every moment that hurts. Every tear that falls.
I desire more than anything to make my life all about Christ...I've made a lot of changes in my life recently. Changes that I pray will ultimately draw me nearer to Christ. One of those changes included a very painful decision I made a few days ago. Hardest thing in my life I have ever done. It hurts so bad sometimes to follow Christ's will. But the Bible makes it clear the road to following CHrist isn't an one one. Quite the opposite.
Christ doesn't call us to a life of ease. We must endure hardships, for without those painful moments, there would be no reason to rely on the strength of Christ. When we stand firm during the hard times, we not only draw nearer to Christ, but we glorify Him and that should be our ultimate goal in life.


Life hurts right now.
But I will stand firm.
Not on my own strength.
But leaning upon the everlasting arms of Christ.
Shining His light.
Glorifying His holy name.
Praising Him with every breath He gives me.


His name is forever praised. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on pressing on, Clari. Job 23:10; 1 Peter 1:7
    ~Kaleigh

    ReplyDelete