Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Selfless

     These past few months have been some of the most difficult months of my life. I'm struggling more then ever and quite often failing. 
     It's often hard to smile. 
     And I know that a huge reason is because I am thinking about myself.
     What would happen if I were to think about serving others...100%? To completely disregard anything to my gain(except drawing nearer to Christ through spending time in His word and pray)? If every part of me were focused on servings others and shining Christ's love, what would happen?
     I know for a fact doing this isn't easy. And I'm trying to do it more-but what life gets hard it seems nearly impossible to take your focus off your own issues. 
     ...Life hurts right now. But my goal is to make it hurt less for others...and in doing that, that hurt in my own life will lighten.
 
“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even ‘sinners’ lend to ‘sinners,’ expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." -Luke:6:32-36

No comments:

Post a Comment