Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Identity

     When someone looks at you, who do they see?
     Go read Colossians 3.
     Feel convicted? I know I do every time I read that chapter.
     Verse 13 and 17 stand out to me right now. 13: "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." 17: "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
      Are you clothing yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience? Are you doing everything you do in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks?
     When people look at you, do they see you?
     Or do they see Christ?

     I want to live every moment of my life seeking Christ in such a way that those whom I am around, friend or stranger, can look at me and see not me, but Christ.
     I want my identity to be in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment