Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What's right...

     It's really easy to get discouraged. To feel like as hard as we try and do what's right, follow God's leading...to feel like sometimes it's not doing anything.
     Maybe it's finding continual contentment where you are in life.
     Maybe it's continually praying for a friend, when you don't see you prayers making a difference.
     Maybe it's remembering to be kind to those who don't return the kindness.
     Maybe it's giving of yourself without expecting anything in return.
     Maybe it's all of the above.

     Never ever ever tire of following Christ.
     Yes, it's easy to get discouraged and want to give up.
      But the Christian life isn't easy.
      It's a battle, a struggle.

    Today has been an odd day for me, and I've felt discouraged. I opened my Bible to 2 Thessalonians. And boy is it what I needed to hear. Isn't it so awesome how God does that?
But the verse that stuck out to me the most was this: "And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right." (2 Thess 3:13) (And go read the whole passage, it's important to get the verse in context!!!)

    It's easy to get discouraged.
    I don't want to be discouraged, to be weak. I want to stand FIRM in the Lord. To NEVER TIRE of doing what is right.

    It's a battle though. A continual battle. And only by the grace of God will I be able to do it.
    I want to try harder. To be praying more faithfully then I have been, to be in the word, learning more about God, to be seeking Christ EVERY SECOND.
    Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment