Wednesday, October 2, 2013

God's word... another book on the shelf?

     Can I just say something?
     We can't know the Bible unless we study the Bible. ...let me repeat that... we can't know the Bible unless we study the BIBLE.
     No 'christian books', not reading a bunch of 'feel-good Christian quotes'...we need to read God's word.
      To study God's word...USING God's word.
      Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not saying quotes, Christian books, etc are wrong. I'm just saying if we use them to replace God's word, they become wrong.
       So often we take for granted that this Bible is GOD'S WORD. Just think about that.....HIS word, divinely inspired, for us. Uh.......shouldn't we treat it as a little(lot) more important than 'another book on the shelf'???


....just, something to think about...

   

No comments:

Post a Comment