Monday, May 7, 2012

Hard to Say Goodbye....

May 5th, 2012 - the hardest and most painful day of my life.
 Screen shot of the post from Josh's Mom:

 Josh was a very dear and special friend to me. When I found out he was gone, it didn't feel real, neither did the screams that came from my heart and escaped through my mouth.
He changed my life in so many ways.
One of the most impactful memories I had of him, is once when we were at a large conference together, and I said something rather nonchalantly, and Josh was the only one who noticed I was hurting. He took me aside, looked me in the eye and took my hands in his. Then he asked me what was wrong and told me to let him know if there was anything he could do and that he was praying for me. Then he sent me a mile long email that touched me in ways no email ever has.
How I desire to be in heaven with him! I can't wait for the day when that happens.

He lived a godly testimony in his life, touching so many others... and now, even though he's with Jesus, he's still touching lives.
This is a post he made a month ago, how much more it means now! He truly died well.
http://www.joshyeddy.blogspot.com/2012/04/to-die-well.html 

Joshua S. Eddy, thank you for living out your life as a testimony that won't soon be forgotten.
You were truly one of the most remarkable and godly young men I have ever known.
Thank you for the impact you have had on my life in your encouragement and willingness to always be there. Thank you for seeking Christ in everything.
You changed my life and the lives of many others in your lifetime. And even though you're with Jesus now, you're still changing lives.
See you in heaven-I can't wait!
Your friend, forever,
~Clareesa

3 comments:

  1. I've tried commenting several times already, but the words just won't come to me. But honestly, words can do nothing for the pain you are feeling. Not my words anyways. Only God can help to dull the pain. The pain that will never really leave. The pain that you will learn to live with.
    From what I've read here, on his blog, and his Facebook page, he was a great man of God. In the short time that I've known about him he's touched my life, even though he is no longer here on earth.

    Even though your heart is breaking, rejoice! Rejoice that he's in a better place and he's waiting for you and praising his God. He's in a better place, and although it hurts those of us who are still here missing him we can look forward to the day when we will spend an eternity with him!
    I'm looking forward to meeting this amazing man one day!

    My prayers are with you as well as Josh's family and the rest of his friends.

    "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
    -Romans 8: 38, 39

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana... those words were very comforting. And I can't thank you enough for the prayers.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete