Tuesday, August 16, 2011

His will. His will. His will. Not mine.

     Today is really not going well for me. At all.
     My computer crashed and we took it to the mac store - my harddrive is dead. My files aren't backed up. It's gunna cost at minimum $400 to retrieve the files.
     Our internet service is trash. It crashes sometimes literally ever 30 seconds... we've been on the phone twice with them...both phone calls over 3 hours and produced nothing. They aren't fully honest. Finally we have a service person coming out to look at our internet.
     But even in all this - God is in control. He knows what's going on.
     It's really hard to imagine why in the world he would let something like this happen.
     My files are a really big deal to me, specially since photography is what I do. All my photos-possibly gone.
     But I know I need to remember, God is in control. And these are just things of this world. They're going to burn up anyways. They aren't eternal.
     1 John 2:15, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."
     Psalm has a lot of awesome verses about God always being with us. Psalm 136 is one of my favorite passages (post on it here) The same God who help David defeat Goliath - is in control of this situation. The same God who defeated armies with only a few men - is in control of this situation. Wow. I mean big WOW.
God gives, God takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord. -In EVERY situation. Even losing files and internet. I mean those are NOTHING. Those are nothing.
     I've got Christ in my life. That's all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment