Friday, February 24, 2012

Not a 1-time thing...



Continual.
You've heard the word.
Habitual.
Maybe you haven't heard that one(go look it up if you haven't).
Joy and peace and contentment in Christ isn't a 'just one day' thing.
We have our ups and downs each day. And some days it just seems really easy to forget God is there or to neglect spending time in His word and prayer. Other days maybe we just feel like we could shout for joy at God's amazing love.
Why can't we do that everyday?
How come we can be 'filled with Christ's joy' one day....and at the end of our rope in despair another?

Because serving Christ, loving Christ... is a CONTINUAL thing. It's something we need to be doing 24/7. Every.waking moment.
Not just one day. Not just one week. EVERY DAY.
I've been really convicted of this lately... I tend to get depressed slightly easy, little things and the oddest things can sway my mood...
Something I realized though-when my mood swayed so did my focus from being continually on Christ. Wait. Let me switch that around. When my focus slipped from Christ, THAT'S when my mood swayed.

God has been working so much in my life lately. He has been so gracious. I am just amazed. He is forgiving, loving and always faithful to point me back in the right direction.

I've been trying to remember to continually and habitually keep my focus on Christ-and by God's grace-it's been a long while since I've had a sudden mood sway or started feeling depressed! :D

It's a continual thing people.

You can't expect to feel the joy of Christ in your life if you don't CONTINUALLY seek Christ first.
Is it time for you to change your focus? To put it continually on Christ?

In 1 Chronicles, chapter 16...David says a prayer of thanks to the Lord(verses 7-36, I encourage you to read the whole thing). But one very powerful verse that applies, is vs 11; "Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always."

It doesn't say 'seek his face when you feel like it'.
It says always.

No comments:

Post a Comment