Monday, July 9, 2012

Rest.

Life is so short. 
So very very short.
Another life on this earth was ended today.
I didn't know him, but from what I see on his fb profile...he touched a lot of lives.
He died trying to save someone from drowning. (I don't know a lot of the details, but I think that the person he was trying to save also passed.)
This past year for me has been the first year where I have lost people close to me (Josh and my adopted grandpa). 
I never knew what the pain of losing someone was until this year.
I hurt for those who lost Brett today. But I also praise God that, from what I see, it was evident he shined the light of Christ. 
In a second. In a moment. Life can be gone.
Life on earth that is.
Next comes eternal life. 
Either suffering. Or joyously rejoicing with Christ in Heaven.
Forever.
That's a long time.

But right now...I am content to rest in God's grace.
To rest and trust in His timing and will for everything.
To rest in His will for how long I have left on earth.
To rest in His timing on taking those around me away from this world.

To rest in HIM. And Him alone.

The Bible verse that brought me to salvation at age 13 comes to mind:  "Find rest, O my Soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." (Psalm 62:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment