Monday, July 2, 2012

Untitled


Why does it come to this?
Why does my heart seem to burn?
Why will I never feel the same?
Why, please just tell me why.

Why I have to say goodbye.

I wanted it forever to be
But I know now I will never see
Your smiling face, looking back at me
Please, explain to me why

Why I have to say goodbye.

Memories will forever remain
But lives will only last a day
So if I had one wish
I would want you, here, beside me

Tell me why I have to say goodbye

I never thought this day would come
When I wrote you a letter
And went to send it in the mail
Then I realized
There's no address
To heaven

Don't make me say goodbye

As tears fall down my face
I looked up and asked why
Who will fill the empty space you left behind
I don't understand why

Why I have to say goodbye

So wait for me, at those heavenly gates
Wait for me, with open arms
It's time for me to say goodbye
But wait for me.
Wait for me.


Trying

It's the hardest thing I've ever done
A struggle greater than I knew
Tears, laughter, sorrow and joy
Confusion surrounds me

I'm trying to so hard
Trying to keep one focus
Trying to only see Christ
I'm trying - trying so hard

It's like my heart is in a box
A war to always keep it safe
Pain, healing, sadness and delight
Desire surrounds me

I'm trying to so hard
Trying to live just one way
Trying to fully serve Christ
I'm trying - trying so hard


It's a constant battle
A constant tugging at my heart
Desire, needs, shame and pride
Many storms surround me

But I'm trying so hard
Trying to just remember
Trying to always seek Christ
I'm trying - trying so hard

Oh Lord, give me strength
To always
Always keep trying
Until the end of my days

No comments:

Post a Comment