Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Last Night

The last 2 days have been really hard for me. Someone I worked with a few times committed suicide.
I didn't know her real well. You hear about suicides on the news all the time, but when it's someone you know, even if you don't know them well, it's just...devastating and hard to even comprehend. I can't imagine what the family is going through.
She wasn't saved and none of her family are saved. Prayer for friends and family would be appreciated. 

When I have a lot on my mind I like to write...so this is a song/poem/whatever you want to call it that I wrote.

Last Night
No one suspect, no one guessed
No one took the time to ask
Where was her smile
Where was her laugh
No one knew
It was her last night

Now they're askingw hy
Now they're wishing they could change
the words they said
Go back. Show her they card.
But they didn't know
It was her last night

Don't let her be gone they cry
Bring her back somehow
If only they know
It was her last night

So tell them you love them
Show them you care
Give them a reason
To stay
Show them a light
Show them the joy
From Christ on high
Give them a reason
To Stay
Don't let this be
Their last night


Romans 12:10, "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves."


It's hard to understand why God would let something like this happen. But he is in control. He has a purpose. A reason. And we may never understand, but his ways are not our ways nor are his thoughts, our thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment